The minimum qualification that an airline would require from a prospective First Officer is an International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Commercial Pilot Licence with a ‘Frozen’ ATPL. The Maldivian Licence complies with the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), can normally be exercised globally and can easily be converted to the equivalent of another country.
A ‘Frozen’ Airline Transport Pilot Licence is the name given to the qualification of a pilot who holds a Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL), Multi Engine Piston Rating (MEP), Multi Engine Instrument Rating (ME IR) and passes in all 14 Airline Transport Pilot Licence (ATPL) theoretical exams.
The ATPL would become un-frozen when the flight experience requirements are met. The experience would normally be achieved during employment as a first officer.
Our flagship course takes students with little or no previous flying experience to a ‘frozen ATPL’ in approximately 16 months, from where they are then eligible to work as a First Officer with an airline once specific aircraft type training has been completed. The course includes a Commercial Pilots License with Multi Engine Rating and Instrument Rating. The license is endorsed with Frozen ATPL status as the student has completed an Integrated Frozen ATPL course. You will fly 190 hours, with the majority being in single engine aircraft. For exact hours please see our courses packages below.
• Passport Copy
• High School Results (O-Levels, A-Levels, or any other school certificate showing passes in English and Maths)
• Complete our enrollment form at: www.aaa-fta.com/registration
The ATPL exams are based on the JAR-FCL syllabus and are conducted by CAASL on behalf of the MCAA either at our facility in Gan or in Colombo (CMB), Sri Lanka.
1. The exams conducted in Gan are hard copy question papers, whilst those conducted in CMB are online computer based exams.
2. The results for the hard copy question papers’ will be issued approximately 10 days after completing all the papers whilst the results for the online computer based exams are declared immediately after each paper is completed.
3. Those who don’t clear any papers in Gan may have to wait for as much as one month before they sit for the next attempt, whilst those who sit for the exam in CMB can sit for any un-cleared paper virtually on the following day if he or she so desires.
4. Most students prefer to sit for the online exams in CMB since there is a significantly higher pass rate.
5. The ATPL exam conducted by CAASL consists of 6 subjects and 11 papers (details below), excluding Air Law which is conducted by MCAA.
6. The total estimated cost of undertaking the ATPL exams including the papers and admin and logistics, whether in Gan or CMB is approximately US$ 1,500.
7. The cost for the online exams in CMB includes return air ticket between Gan and CMB, sharing accommodation for a period of 15 days, airport transfers, local transport and exam fees for 1 attempt.
8. All students who have achieved good grades during their ground studies could complete the exams with 7 working days
|Ref||Theory Subject||Duration||No. of Questions|
|(1)||Aircraft General Knowledge, Principle of Flight Oct 2017 Part 01 – Airframe/Systems/Power plant Part 02 – Instrument/electronics Part 03 – Principles of Flight||1 hr. 30 min 1 hr. 45 min||60 40 33|
|(2)||Flight Performance & Planning Part 01 – Mass and balance Part 02 – Performance Part 03 – Flight planning and monitoring||1 hr. 45 min 1 hr. 30 min 45 min||25 25 33|
|(3)||Human Performance & Limitations||45 min||36|
|(4)||Navigation Part 01 – General Navigation Part 02 – Radio Navigation||1 hr. 30 min 30 min||45 22|
|(5)||Meteorology||1 Hr. 30 min||63|
|(6)||Communication (VFR)||30 min||24|
|(7)||Air law & Operational Procedures||45 min + 45 min||33 + 30|
* Conducted by MCAA
Each paper is made up of comparatively simple multi- choice questions. In addition there is an oral test on the aircraft you used for training and a Radio
Telephony practical exam.
You can study for these exams at home using course books and software (provided by AAA).
© 2017 AAA FTA, Designed By : JSD Solutions