About The Course
A Commerical Pilot License (CPL) allows an individual to work as a pilot in any airline (or company) and recieve a reward (salary) while doing so. Any person wanting to become a pilot in order to BE GAINFULLY EMPLOYED, will need a CPL. The Maldivian CPL complies with the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and can easily be converted to the equivalent of another countries CPL.
A ‘Frozen’ Airline Transport Pilot Licence (ATPL) is the name given to the qualification of a pilot who holds passes in all 14 ATPL theoretical exams. The ATPL would become un-frozen when the flight experience requirements are met. The experience would normally be achieved during employment as a first officer.
Our flagship course takes students with little or no previous flying experience to a ‘frozen ATPL’ in approximately 16 months, from where they are then eligible to work as a First Officer with an airline once specific aircraft type training has been completed. The course includes a Commercial Pilots License with Multi Engine Rating and Instrument Rating. The license is endorsed with Frozen ATPL status as the student has completed an Integrated Frozen ATPL course. You will fly 190 hours, with the majority being in single engine aircraft. For exact hours please see our courses packages below.
Commercial Pilot License
A Commerical Pilot License (CPL) allows an individual to work as a pilot in any airline (or company) and recieve a reward (salary) while doing so. Any person wanting to become a pilot in order to employed, will need a CPL. The Maldivian CPL complies with the International Civil…
Full Time – 10 to 12 months. Please contact us to discuss your availability for part time CPL Courses.
The ATPL exams are based on the JAR-FCL syllabus and are conducted by CAASL on behalf of the MCAA either at our facility in Gan or in Colombo (CMB), Sri Lanka.
- The exams conducted in Gan are hard copy question papers, whilst those conducted in CMB are online computer based exams.
- The results for the hard copy question papers’ will be issued approximately 10 days after completing all the papers whilst the results for the online computer based exams are declared immediately after each paper is completed.
- Those who don’t clear any papers in Gan may have to wait for as much as one month before they sit for the next attempt, whilst those who sit for the exam in CMB can sit for any un-cleared paper virtually on the following day if he or she so desires.
- Most students prefer to sit for the online exams in CMB since there is a significantly higher pass rate.
- The ATPL exam conducted by CAASL consists of 6 subjects and 11 papers (details below), excluding Air Law which is conducted by MCAA.
You must be at least 18 years of age in order to sit for your Commercial Pilots License flight (practical) test. All training towards obtaining the Commercial Pilots License can be conducted until such age.
Passes in O-Levels Maths, English and any science subject are needed. The local standard equivalent to O-Levels is acceptable as well.